Monday, February 19, 2007

Inconvenience

I believe the posting on blackboard about inconvenience is true. The argument is that those who succeed are those who work even when it's not convenient. I'd say it's related to the principle of opposition in all things. Those who achieve the most, grow the most, become the best are those who work hard even when it's not convenient.

I think that the word inconvenience was an understatement for what the writer was talking about. I think the word trials, set backs, or adversity is more appropriate. Semantics aside he's right. As I read this I remembered something Covey mentioned when he was here. As sort of a side note he said that at one point when he had three mortgages on his house he wondered if he was ever going to make it or not. Obviously he did but the fact that he had three mortgages on his house shows he was really struggling.

Just today I was leaving the plasma center and I saw a quote from Elder Russel M. Nelson he said that said that he and his wife didn't have enough money so she started donating her blood for extra money. He said he was proud of her for paying tithing on her blood money. As someone who has donated a substantial amount of plasma and blood I can tell you that it's not convenient at all. Elder Nelson and his wife were certainly blessed he went on to become a world renowned heart sergeant.

Even once people have become very successful they're still confronted with inconvenience and adversity all the time. They remain successful because they work through it. Ironically many people consider them to be lucky. Most people fail to realize that the little choices they make everyday to postpone something or forget it entirely are what keeps them from achieving lasting success.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love it, it gives me hope that it will all work for us too!